After starting Bitkumo I quickly came to the realization that hosted status pages were far too expensive for what they were. The main players right now want upwards of $30-40 per month for what is mostly a static website. This is far too much for a company that is just getting started - in the early stages $30-40 could be difference between profit and loss.
We started working on Statusy in mid-January earlier this year, and I am very pleased to announce that Statusy is open to the world in an early release state.
Our mission with Statusy was twofold:
- Make an excellent hosted status page that truly met all the needs of our potential customers
- Make it affordable enough for even early stage startups to afford
I am please to say we have succeeded on both fronts.
Statusy offers almost all of the features of other providers including:
- Customization - Logos, CSS, domains
- Social integration - Twitter for now, but more to come
- Redundancy - All of our infrastructure is fully redundant, your status page will be there when you need it most
- Teams - No need to share one login, we offer team accounts so any member of your team can update your status page
- Extensible - We have launched with a robust RESTful API so you don't even need to log in to report things
We have managed to offer all of this for just $10.00 per month, this is nearly 66% off the price of other providers.
That being said - it would be excellent if you were to give Statusy a try.
We consider Statusy to be in an early release state so we are primarily looking for feedback. If you give Statusy a try and have any feedback please feel free to add it via the in-app feedback button in the bottom-right corner, or via email to email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!